location: Near the south coast at the north edge of Kiti (Larnaca district), attached to the northeast compartment of Panagia Angeloktiste. The settlement at Kiti is perhaps attested in medieval sources [Papacostas (1999a) 6.C.39].
Dating: A 12th-century date or at least a terminus ante quem is suggested by the earliest layer of fresco decoration [MKE 1, 48-49].
Modern repairs: In 1967 an early 20th-century room west of the chapel was demolished, the vault was repaired and tiled, and the door with its relieving arch was rebuilt. Medieval tombs were reported outside the north wall [Papageorgiou (1969) 220-21; ARDA 1967, 12]. Subsequently the plaster was removed from the interior and the frescoes were consolidated [ARDA 1972, 14]. In the 1980s the frescoes were cleaned, the different layers were separated, and the masonry was repaired [ARDA 1983, 20, 1984, 21, 1985, 23].
Early literature: A chapel with late medieval frescoes is mentioned by Smirnov in 1895 [Smirnov (1897); p. 651 of Greek translation].