In the Karpas peninsula, 1 mile (1.5 km) north of Rizokarpaso (Famagusta district) near the north coast.
Description: The small single-aisled vaulted structure was built in rough ashlar masonry. An early 13th century fresco decoration is preserved on the north wall. Fresco decoration on the south wall, a basalt column in the apse and large stone slabs for the roof are reported by Gunnis [Gunnis (1936) 412].
Dating: A 12th century date has been suggested [MKE 9, 321].
Later additions / alterations: The east part and the apse were rebuilt at an unrecorded date (presumably following their collapse) [MKE 9, 321].
Modern repairs: In 1972 the structure was repaired, the roof was tiled and the surviving fresco decoration was consolidated [ARDA 1972, 13].
Views: ARDA 1972, figs. 36-37 [before and after the repairs].