Description: The dome-hall structure with long east and west barrel vaults and a semi-circular apse, was built in rubble masonry. It has five blind arches / recesses along the north and south walls, somewhat reminiscent of the Kanakaria narthex.
Dating: A 12th century date or at least terminus ante quem is suggested by the earliest layer of fresco decoration and the architecture [MKE 11, 56; Gabelić (1984) 149-50; a dating in the Lusignan period is suggested in Soteriou (1931a) 486]. Procopiou proposes an early 11th-century date [Procopiou (2006a) 369].
Later additions / alterations: There are remains of fresco decoration datable to the 14th / 15th century and the 15th / 16th century [Gabelić (1984) 154].
Modern repairs: Repairs to the already ruined structure were made in 1950. In the mid-1970s the collapsed vaults were rebuilt in order to protect the fresco decoration, while the roof and masonry were repaired [ARDA 1950, 10, 1975, 18, 1982, 20].