In the western foothills of the Troodos Mountains, less than 1 mile (1.5 km) south of Choulou (Paphos district) at 280m a.s.l. overlooking the Ezousas valley.
Description: The largely reconstructed dome-hall church has a twin apse [cf. Saint George at Aphendrika] presented as two symmetrical niches inscribed within the externally curved wall. The structure was built in rough ashlar masonry in irregular courses, with semi-circular (irregular) arches and vaults. There was a no longer surviving portico over the entrance on the south façade. Frescoes are preserved in the north and south central recesses, in the northwest recess and in the bema vault (Ascension).
Dating: A 12th century terminus ante quem is suggested by the style of the fresco decoration [ARDA 1980, 21], and Procopiou proposes an early 11th-century date [Procopiou (2006a) 303]. According to Gunnis, a (now lost) inscription gave the date of foundation as 1480 [Gunnis (1936) 270].
Later additions / alterations: A vaulted (non-bonding) narthex / extension was added to the west [MKE 4, 56], probably in the late medieval period, although a 12th-century date has also been suggested [Papageorgiou (1982b) 442].
Modern repairs: By the late 1970s only the core with the arches under the dome and the lower courses of the structure were still standing. In 1980-86 a major restoration was undertaken, the debris was removed, the vaults, dome and bema were rebuilt and tiled, the narthex vault was reconstructed, a new floor was installed, and the frescoes were cleaned [ARDA 1980, 21, 1982, 21, 1983, 22, 1985, 27, 1986, 24].