In the Karpas peninsula at Gialousa (Famagusta district) near the north coast.
Description: The dome-hall structure was built in roughly cut ashlar, with three large shallow blind round arches on the north façade corresponding to the interior articulation, and a double sawtooth cornice (in brick?) on the apse of the outer wall. The later (non-bonding) domed western extension was built in better quality ashlar, with recessed flat blind arches on the north wall over a horizontal string-course, and no windows [MKE 2, 338-39].
Dating: An 11th / early 12th century date for the naos may be intimated by the architecture, and a date in the first half of the 12th century for the western extension [Papacostas (1995) 28; a 13th-century date is suggested in Gunnis (1936) 468-69 and a 10th / 11th-century date in Soteriou (1931a) 484 and Soteriou (1942) 443].
Later additions / alterations: A south aisle was added in the 18th century (?), while the north door of the naos was walled and a new door was opened further west [Jeffery (1918) 251-52; Gunnis (1936) 468-69; MKE 2, 338-39].
Views: Soteriou (1935) pl. 42a.