In the Karpas peninsula, 4.5 miles (7 km) east of Gialousa and 0.5 mile (1 km) south of Hagios Thyrsos (Famagusta district), near the north coast.
Description: Small single-aisled barrel vaulted structure.
Dating: A mid-12th century terminus ante quem is suggested by the fresco decoration [MKE 9, 319].
Later additions / alterations: A (non-bonding) narthex was erected at an unknown date, while a north chapel was added in the 14th / 15th century [MKE 9, 319].
Modern repairs: The west wall was rebuilt, the vault and the apse were repaired, the remains of the north chapel were discovered under debris, the foundations of the narthex were revealed, and the frescoes were consolidated in the early 1970s [ARDA 1970, 11, 1973, 16].
Early literature: This is presumably one of the two ruined chapels seen by Hogarth in 1888 next to a medieval tower [Hogarth (1889) 93].
Views: ARDA 1970, figs. 25-26 [before and after the repairs].
Plan / section: Department of Antiquities Archive C.18.424.