For map see entry on HGC site << Previous Entry Next Entry >>

Situated in the Mesaoria plain, at Pyroi (Nicosia district), on the east bank of the Yialias at 150m a.s.l.

Description: A tiny domed cross-in-square structure with a semi-circular apse [MKE 2,218; Papageorgiou (1982a) 470-71].

Dating: Probably 12th century [Papageorgiou (1982a) 470-71].

Early literature: Mentioned in Jeffery (1918) 182 as ‘St Stipas’, and Gunnis (1936) 410.